CUHKOIL – Code of Conduct
In the hope of building an ideas club for CUHK students, The Chinese University of Hong Kong Open Innovation Lab (CUHKOIL) is dedicated to maintaining a harassment-free environment for everyone, regardless of age, body size, disability, ethnicity, sex characteristics, gender identity and expression, level of experience, education, socio-economic status, nationality, personal appearance, race, religion, or sexual identity and orientation. Any harassment to participants of our events is not tolerated. We comply with the rules below while participating in CUHKOIL events in order to make CUHKOIL a better, more friendly and open place for exchanging ideas.
In any events, you are encouraged to…
- Respect yourself and respect everybody else
- Be empathetic to other participants
- Adhere to CUHKOIL’s mission, i.e. advancing the movement of open source and open culture
- Use welcoming and inclusive language in our events, irrespective of your role
- Help other participants when they encounter difficulties
- Ask for help from host members or emergency if necessary
- Meet new friends and cherish the moment!
The following behavior is unacceptable in CUHKOIL:
- Any form of public or private harassment, including but not limited to the use of sexualized language and imagery
- Any means of delivery of messages involving trolling, insults, derogation, discrimination, hatred, violence or personal attacks
- Verbal and non-verbal physical and mental bullying
- Publishing others’ private information, such as a physical or electronic address, without explicit permission
- Unreasonable interference in any events by any means
- Violations of law
Instances of abusive, harassing, or otherwise unacceptable behavior may be reported by contacting the curator team of CUHKOIL at firstname.lastname@example.org. If contacting the full curator team is not desirable, feel free to contact any of them individually:
All complaints will be individually reviewed and investigated and will result in a response that is deemed necessary and appropriate to the circumstances. Those who are in violation of this Code of Conduct or the law of Hong Kong will be requested to leave the event venue, blacklisted from joining CUHKOIL events or reported to the police when necessary.
This Code of Conduct is adapted from the Contributor Covenant, version 1.4, available at https://www.contributor-covenant.org/version/1/4/code-of-conduct.html
Version: Feb 2019 by John Law